Exempt Position - Denton
Job Title: Software Engineer
In the fast-paced world of Austin Lane Technologies, you will collaborate with highly-skilled software professionals and face new and exciting challenges daily. We are passionate about our work and are inspired by the impact our simple and powerful software has on our clients and their businesses. By joining the Austin Lane team, you will be provided with a world of opportunities in an agile environment.
If you are looking for a dynamic organization in which you can broaden your skills, expand your knowledge, develop partnerships, and make a positive impact, then Austin Lane is the right choice for your career. At Austin Lane, we pride ourselves in employing hard-working individuals who have superior communication skills with both technical and nontechnical personnel.
As an Austin Lane Software Engineer, you will design, modify, develop, write, and implement software solutions in a professional agile environment. You must be self-motivated with the ability to work effectively on a team. This position requires analytical and problem-solving skills, with an eye for detail and accuracy. Responsibilities include support and/or installation of software applications. Participate in the testing process by test reviews and analysis of software defects, using a tracking system, and certification of software defect corrections. Position also requires customer interaction concerning maintenance of software.
Responsibilities and Duties
- The tasks include the ability to perform regression testing, error or logic tests or usability.
- Performs logic verification, release testing and beta support for assigned projects
- Ability to support and interact with customer base on software concerns or issues
- Participates in development meetings, including agile scrum, retrospective, and planning
- Utilize Microsoft Azure DevOps for task management and team coordination
- Ability to prepare technical step-by-step documentation of completed tests
- Research problems discovered during software deployments and document defect behavior
- Ability to work on multiple assigned projects
- Drives process improvement
- All other duties and responsibilities as assigned
Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor's degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, or other relevant combination of training and education
- Microsoft developer certification strongly preferred
- 4+ years' experience with Microsoft Development tools (.Net 4+, C#, MS SQL 2012/2014/2016, IIS 7/8/8.5/10)
- Experience with Structured Query Languages, including Transact-SQL and SQL Lite
- Experience designing MS SQL Server databases to model real world business processes and information a plus
- Experience with .Net Winforms required
- Experience with Microsoft Azure DevOps highly preferred
- Experience with Microsoft Azure Repos and code management highly preferred
- Experience with REST, API creation in .NET, SOAP a plus
- Experience with Blazor a plus
- Experience with Infragistics components/controls a plus
- Experience with Construction Industry ERPs (i.e. Oracle JD Edwards, Sage 300, etc.) a plus
- Perform manual testing to ensure software meets stated design requirements
- Uphold existing quality assurance standards and processes
- Identify defects within software against standards
- Aware of business issues as they impact overall project plans
- Exhibit communications and interpersonal skills
- Organized and detail-orientated
Position Success Factors:
Customer Focus; Planning & Executing; Problem Identification & Resolution; Presentation & Communication; Ambition; Creativity; Optimism; Results Ownership; Teamwork; Attendance & Dependability and Cultural Sensitivity. Successful candidate will be vibrant, highly motivated, display a strong work ethic, and be versed in general business processes.